Week 8 Reading and Writing

First, the reading and writing assignments are working well for me. I like the concept of micro fictions and may start to try and include those in some of my posts. I’m happy with both my blog and project website, and feel that the two are coming along nicely. It will be interesting to see them in their completed state at the end of the semester. My favorite reading thus far has definitely been the Ramayana. I especially enjoyed watching the movie version afterwards, as that helped clear a lot of the character confusion up. My reading notes are helping me somewhat each week, but I also rely on my memory a lot to convey the ideas of the story. One new reading strategy I’ve picked up is to focus on character development. It’s something that I’ve found I struggle with in my own writing and it’s been helpful to see how other authors use it in theirs. I think the only thing I’d like to focus on moving forward, like I stated above, would be to start working on micro-fictions. I like the challenge of conveying ideas in as short a space as possible.

I chose this picture just because it is from my favorite “reading” of this semester

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Mechanical Engineer

Week 5 Story: The Return of Sita