Week 14 Microfiction

For my week 14 Microfictions, I chose to write one story at 25 words or less and one story at 6 words or less, both of which can be seen below.

25 words or less:

I was on the mound, pressure was on. The other team got a hit. I watched it go by, then heard cheering from my grandmother.

6 words or less:

Always by my side. Short, sweet.

Image of Dachsund


Author’s Note:

For my 25 words or less story, I chose to write about a funny experience I had with my grandmother at one of my baseball games. For my 6 words or less story, I chose to write about my first dog, Oscar, who I grew up with for most of my childhood.

Comments

  1. Hey Dylan,
    I liked your microfiction stories this week! The one about your grandma was really funny. I've never tried to do one of the microfiction stories, but it seems like it would be hard to be funny in 25 words or less. You did a good job of keeping the story focused, which makes the last sentence seem out of place for a moment, before you realize what happened, and then its funny. On your second story, the six word story, I thought it was a cool meta-commentary on microfiction stories in general when you said "Short. Sweet." (as in just like these stories!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Mechanical Engineer

Week 5 Story: The Return of Sita