Week 10 Story Research


One thing I enjoyed about Eden’s work was that how descriptive she was with  the environments the characters interact in. I noticed that this is something I generally lack in, I suppose because I just don’t take the time to do so, but it is something I’ll certainly work on more in the future. Another thing I liked about Eden’s work was how much time and effort she spent delving into the difficult moments her characters experienced. Every difficult decision or sentence a character had to go through almost took up a whole paragraph, which didn’t seem like to much because of the intensity and implications of those moments to the story. I’m not sure how good I’ll be at incorporating that level of drama into my stories, but it’s something I’d like to at least attempt in my writing and I’m sure that over time I’ll become more adept at it. Lastly, I liked her use of cliffhangers. All of her stories are related to each other, and they each lead into the next seamlessly. Mine, although they all use Greek mythology, aren’t really related at all in their plots, and there’s not necessarily a flow between each one. I don’t necessarily plan to change my first two stories, as I feel that it would be quite difficult to make the two flow into each other, but I’ll certainly try and make the next one I write follow the previous one. I think this not only makes the stories more enjoyable but also just makes the entire blog flow smoother. Eden has done a really good job, I’ll certainly keep these things in mind for the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Mechanical Engineer

Week 5 Story: The Return of Sita