Week 10 Microfictions

For my micro fiction writing this week, I chose to stick with the theme of low stress online work and chose to wrote two stories, one at 25 words or less and one at 6 words or less.

25 words or less:
Dasharatha owed a boone. Although cruel, he was obligated. Painfully, Rama was told of banishment. He had no choice. He must go to the woods.

6 words or less:
Odd sound. Arrow. Not his intended.


Image of King Dasharatha Grieving 


Author’s Note:

For my 25 words or less story, I chose to retell the banishment of Rama from the city. This story seemed to need more background information to retell in a shorter period of time, but I felt 25 words was enough. For my 6 word or less story, I chose to retell the killing of the old man and his wife by king Dasharatha. This story was accidental, and was crucial to the story of Dasharatha’s death, but I thought it would be fun to try and retell in as short a space as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Mechanical Engineer

Week 5 Story: The Return of Sita