Extra Credit Reading Notes: Sita Sings the Blues Part B

For my extra credit reading this week, I chose to write about the second part of Sita Sings the Blues. For this part, I chose to focus on the setting.

It’s interesting how the creators used the different scenes in day and night to help the viewers associate certain moods or motives within the plot. Night time generally is either associated with trickery or love, while the fighting and talking takes place more during the day.

I enjoyed how the different settings were only used to portray a single idea or action, whereas most of the other discussions took place between the three narrators. This made the story much more easy to follow.

Generally when traveling is involved, the creators go to lengths to make the environment seem as vast as possible. I’m unsure of why this is, but they’re fairly consistent with it and it seems to add to the plot.

It’s also interesting how everything is done symmetrically. Everyone lines up evenly, when rakshashas die, they die in even numbers on both sides, and when they march all the soldiers march evenly. I don’t know if this was done for a reason or just because the creators liked symmetry, but it occurred enough for me to notice it.

Original Source


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Mechanical Engineer

Week 5 Story: The Return of Sita