My Storybook Favorites

The first storybook I found that I liked was one called The Good Place. This one stood out to me because it is based off of a show that I've heard of and that some of my family members watch, and seems to have a lot of positive lessons to be taken from it. For the actual stories in this storybook, I thought it was quite creative and different in the way it was laid out, with the text resembling that of a typewriter and appearing somewhat old-fashioned. The images and author's notes were helpful in understanding what the show was about, especially for someone who has never seen the show. The introduction did a great job of explaining the stories and how they relate to the actual TV show. The Good Place
The second storybook I found that I liked was one called Musical Battle. I was drawn to this one immediately because I have a passion for music, regardless of how it's used, and the artwork on the home page was quite colorful. The introduction did a good job of explaining how music relates to the story and to Indian Epics in general, and how it is a focal point of Indian culture. The author notes at the end of each story were extremely helpful, providing more of an explanation for each of the characters and their role in Indian epics. Musical Battle
The third and final storybook I found that I liked was one called Looney Tunes Goes to India. I was of course drawn to this one because of the title, but the stories were actually fairly impressive. It was interesting to see the connections he made between the Looney Tunes and Indian epics, and the images he added certainly added to the comical value of the storybook, especially the header images at the top of each story. Similar to the last storybook, the author's notes after each story were very helpful. Looney Tunes Goes to India
Image of Yosemite Sam Being Ironical

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Mechanical Engineer

Week 5 Story: The Return of Sita