My Favorite Place: Fog City

My favorite place is probably San Francisco, otherwise known as Fog City, in California. I enjoy the hustle and bustle of living in a big city, but I also enjoy nature, and San Francisco offers a perfect combination of the two. The city itself is massive, with beautiful hills, plenty to do, and a wide variety of different communities such as Nob Hill, Fisherman's Wharf, and Chinatown to name a few. 20 minutes outside of the city, just across the Golden Gate Bridge, is a little town called Sausalito, which is quaint and quite scenic. This town rests just below the Muir Woods, which contains many of the world famous redwood trees native to the bay area. I could go on, but I'll end by saying that the city provides numerous different environments in which you can explore, and that's why I enjoy it so much.

San Francisco as viewed from Twin Peaks

Comments

  1. Ohhhhh, yes: San Francisco: I know that view well, Dylan! I lived there, and down south from there in Daly City and also in the East Bay, and it was wonderful everywhere from every angle. I still miss it! Did you ever go to the Asian Art Museum? I used to go there when it was located in Golden Gate Park, and some of my first encounters with Indian art happened there, way back in the 1980s before I had even heard of the Ramayana or Mahabharata! The museum had to relocate after the earthquake; now it's in the Civic Center: http://www.asianart.org/ ... I wish we could magically go on a fieldtrip for this class! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops: I messed up that link somehow. trying again :-)
    Asian Art Museum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Dylan San Francisco is a very nice place. Last summer I spent a couple days in San Francisco as well! I think Chinatown is particularly fantastic with the quality of food there being exceptionally and authentic. The sea lions at Pier 39 are also quite entertaining as they act like big buffoons. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and I hope that I get to see more of your posts this semester! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Mechanical Engineer

Week 5 Story: The Return of Sita